When I bought the Milwaukee M18 Chainsaw, I didn’t expect much from it; I know Milwaukee makes excellent quality tools, but I never thought a battery-powered chainsaw could stand the test of time. I was wrong; the Milwaukee M18 chainsaw met and exceeded my expectations.
I take you through a comprehensive Milwaukee M18 battery (powered) chainsaw review. We look at all its key features and unique specifications as I also enlighten you on what I loved about the chainsaw and what I didn’t like. Let’s get into it already.
Table of Contents
Milwaukee M18 Chainsaw Review
The Milwaukee M18 chainsaw is reliable for all your daily cutting tasks around your yard and home. If you love a good aesthetic on your tools, you will love the Milwaukee M18 chainsaw. The tool has a red casing and several black accents, such as handles. Its oil box is also pleasing to the eye due to its transparent design, making it easy to monitor fuel quantity.
I can’t go on with this Milwaukee M18 Fuel Chainsaw Review without mentioning the quality construction of the tool. This chainsaw is sturdy, durable, rust-resistant, yet lightweight. It features a 16″ stainless steel Oregon bar that is sturdy and well-built.
The chainsaw weighs about 14.37 pounds, but it feels much lighter. Its chain is quite sharp and has improved teeth design for easier cutting. This M18 chainsaw doesn’t have any toolless maintenance features, but that is because you don’t need frequent chain replacement or tension adjustment.
The chainsaw is battery-powered, so you can use it anywhere as long as the battery is charged. The M18 chainsaw offers the convenience and simplicity of a cordless chainsaw to professionals and DIY lovers. The tool is also cleaner and quieter than the chainsaws I’ve used before. Even at high speeds, the Milwaukee M18 Cordless Chainsaw is very quiet. When comparing it to other gas chainsaws that I’ve come across, this model has the lowest noise level.
What stood out for me with the Milwaukee M18 chainsaw is its exceptional power. Anyone who has used a gas-powered chainsaw knows it is hard to find a battery-powered chainsaw that matches the high power output. With the M18, I could cut down thick logs with minimal effort.
The chainsaw also doesn’t drain the battery too fast, so I get to work without interruptions. This Milwaukee chainsaw is now a favorite whenever I need to cut anything. with the convenience and staying power, this battery-powered chainsaw tool gives you immense value for money and is worth more than it costs.
The Milwaukee M18 Battery (Powered) Chainsaw is ideal for pruning, limbing, construction, and other light tasks around the home.
- Has a 16″ Oregon bar and chain for superior strength and excellent maneuverability
- Features a variable speed trigger that keeps you in control of whatever you are cutting
- Runs on an 18-volt battery platform that you can use with any M18 battery
- It can work with either M18 9.0 or M18 12.0 battery, but the high capacity 12.0 battery yields higher performance
- Features an automatic oiler whose work is to ensure the chain is lubricated properly
- Quiet, smooth, and effortless to work with
- Lightweight, thus making it easily portable and easy to use even in tight spots
Our Ratings: 5 out of 5
The Milwaukee M18 chainsaw has immense power that is only comparable to a 40cc gas chainsaw. This chainsaw will go above and beyond what you expect it to achieve in cutting power. What I like most is that it is powerful enough to chop medium and thick wood in seconds without being uncontrollable. The tool has adequate power for all cutting tasks around your home.
Our Ratings: 5 out of 5
The quality of construction of the Milwaukee M18 chainsaw is commendable; from first sight, I could tell it is a quality tool. The 16″ Oregon bar made of stainless steel is sturdy and durable. The chain is well built, with teeth designed to cut through wood effortlessly. I also love that the chainsaw is lightweight and has an ergonomic handle making it easy to work with for long hours. The handle also has a multi-angle design that allows you to use the chainsaw horizontally and vertically.
Our Ratings: 4 out of 5
Before I got my hands on the Milwaukee M18 chainsaw, I thought it was expensive. But now that I own it and have used it severally, I think this tool is worth what it costs. You will get value for your money. However, I wish it came with a battery and charger since buying them separately adds up to the cost.
Our Ratings: 4.5 out of 5
The Milwaukee M18 chainsaw has an impressive battery life; with the Milwaukee 12.0 battery, you can get up to 1.5 amp-hours runtime. The battery life will depend on how frequently you use the chainsaw. You can work on a decent amount of projects when the battery is fully charged, which makes the chainsaw convenient for most projects.
- Brand: Milwaukee
- Power Source: Battery Powered
- Battery Type: Compatible with all M18 batteries
- Chain Length: 16 inches
- Horsepower: 5.3hp
- Dimensions: 35″L * 11.5″W * 10″H
- Weight: 14.37 Pounds
- This chainsaw is sturdy yet durable; it is unlikely that the chainsaw will suffer common chainsaw problems such as a weak chain, oil leaks, and battery issues.
- It is lightweight and has an ergonomic handle for ease of use.
- Has a strong brushless motor that makes it last through 150 cuts on a single charge.
- The automatic oiler makes your work easy when you need to pump the oil to the chain. This oiler helps to lubricate the chainsaw and keep it running without wear and tear.
- The chainsaw variable speed trigger makes it easy to reduce or increase the chain’s speed according to the task you are handling.
- Very quiet and pleasant to work in various environments
- It is universally compatible with all M18 batteries.
- Features a multi-angle handle that makes it ideal for vertical and horizontal cutting.
- It is relatively expensive compared to gas chainsaws.
- Doesn’t come with a battery and charger, so you need to purchase them separately.
- Not ideal for heavy-duty cutting.
- Doesn’t have any tooless maintenance features.
The Milwaukee M18 chainsaw is a worthy investment for anyone who wants the convenience of a battery-operated chainsaw. The tool offers immense value for money and has outstanding features that make cutting, limbing, and pruning tasks easy. This chainsaw has quality construction that guarantees years of use. If you already own other Milwaukee M18 tools, this chainsaw is a great addition to your collection as you won’t need to purchase another battery. If you have always wanted to buy a battery-operated chainsaw, take this Milwaukee M18 Fuel Chainsaw Review as a sign to buy the chainsaw. Happy sawing!